Timothy Geithner and Ben Bernanke testified on U.S. response to the European Union debt crisis. Chair Bernanke said the European debt crisis still poses risks to the U.S. economy, but recent stress tests on major U.S. banks shows that many would be able to survive an economic downturn. They also answered questions about the U.S. housing market and federal debt.
- IISS:”Europe’s Moment of Truth: Implications of the Euro Crisis.”
- The Spanish Monetary Nightmare.
- The ECB and The Irish Deflation
- Is the ECB-EU Cabal a Systemic Risk?
- Speech by Chairman Ben S. Bernanke on Community Banking.