Ben Bernanke testified on the U.S. economic outlook for the year and the future of economic growth. In his testimony he said he was not ready to declare “too big to fail” a thing of the past. He also stated that if Congress did not raise the federal debt limit later in the year, the impact “could provide some shock to the economy if it got out of hand” and that a “default by the U.S. would be extremely disruptive.”
(Due to audio difficulties during the first 25 minutes, members opening statements are difficult to hear so better go to minute 27)
- Bernanke on U.S. Economic Outlook and Monetary Policy.
- Special Report on Monetary Policy and The Global Economy: Bernanke Testimony to US Congress.
- “The Economic Recovery and Economic Policy”. Speech of Bernanke At the New York Economic Club.
- Bernanke on USA Economic Outlook.
- Bernanke testimony to Congress on Feb. 26-27th 2013: More Q.E. assured.